Jerwood Foundation made a grant of £1.2 million towards Trinity Laban’s library when it moved into its new site at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich.
The Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts occupies the second floor of King Charles Court, part of the palace originally built by Sir Christopher Wren for King Charles II which dates back to 1660. Although it opened to users in September 2001, the official opening ceremony took place in January 2002.
The Jerwood Library is one of the jewels in Trinity Laban’s crown, supporting the conservatoire's mission to bring together performers and practitioners to train, collaborate, research and perform in inspiring creative, intellectual and physical spaces. It offers an unrivalled resource for music students, researchers and academics and houses a loan collection of over 90,000 books, scores and recordings.